The CERATIPACK product is composed of a diffuser that contains specific attractants for this fly and trap. The cover of the same is impregnated with a contact insecticide (deltamethrin) to cause the death of the incoming flies.
The effectiveness of CERATIPACK depends on the temperature, ventilation and humidity. In normal conditions it is usually around 180 days, being able to reduce in adverse conditions.
· Each diffuser must be put in the trap flyer, in case the CERATIPACK product is supplied disassembled. If it is the ready to use option, it must be used directly.
· The recommended amount of CERATIPACK is 50-80 / ha depending on the crop. 50 CERATIPACK / ha for citrus fruits in general, pip fruits and peppers. 80 CERATIPACK / ha for stone fruits, table grapes and mango. In some varieties of citrus very sensitive to the attack of this fly, it is recommended to increase the number of CERATIPACK / ha from 50 to 80.
· Each CERATIPACK has to be hung from a branch of the fruit tree at a height of 1.40-1.80 m from the ground, on the south side of the tree.
· The corresponding CERATIPACK number must be placed 40 days before the color change or at least 50-60 days before harvest.
· It is recommended to periodically evaluate some trap in order to know the fly level of the plot.
· Once the fruit changes color, it is advisable to make some evaluation of the fruits to check the level of damage. From these data it is possible to decide if the application of an additional chemical treatment is necessary or not.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
The CERATIPACK product is supplied in packages with the appropriate number of units, and may vary depending on the assembly or not of the different parts that make it up.
In general, CERATIPACK ready to use (assembled) is packed in bags of 20 units in boxes of 240 units. CERATIPACK disassembled in boxes of 100 units. The material of the corresponding containers is impervious to the vapors of the different products.
It is recommended to store the product in its original containers, without opening them, until the moment of use, preferably in a cool place. Under these conditions the product can be stored for a period of two years.
In the case of the disassembled CERATIPACK, it is advisable to use gloves when handling the diffusers. It is also recommended to avoid contact with the inside of the lid.
The diffusers, caps and their containers must be managed in accordance with current legislation.